Friday, September 6, 2013

C25K Week 2 Day 1



Today started W2D1.  90 second runs and 2 minute walks.  

I was DREDING it! I was so positive that it would be a struggle.  Seriously considered skipping it today and trying tomorrow instead.  
 

Boy was I wrong!!!  This was the best run I have had with the program so far. (this time around) The lower temperature and MUCH lower humidity helped so much.  My heart rate was great, my breathing a bit easier, my recovery time was much faster. I was VERY grateful for the 2 minute walking segments. But even more than that, I know the cooler weather made all the difference. 


Also doing a little happy dance because I had my fastest split time since surgery.  14:53 for my 2nd mile.  I was so happy!


I am well aware that it is not about how “fast” I am going right now.  The important thing is that I am out there and I am moving.  But I am not going to lie…the improved times…that is my carrot.  When I was running before, my fastest mile was just over 11 minutes.  I REALLY wanted to get that sub 11 minute mile. To see a 10:XX would have been awesome. 



So, that is my long term goal. I’d love be able to maintain a 10:XX mile.   BUT, that is many months down the road. For now, I will just be happy each time I am able to whittle a few seconds off my time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment