Sunday, September 8, 2013

C25K Week 2 Day 2…Still waiting



At this point my runs are still terribly draining.  I am really looking forward to the day when going out and running 3 to 4 miles energizes me for the rest of the day, rather than knocking me on my backside.   No, I am not beating myself up. I know this is normal, especially given the circumstances.  But I can still look forward to when it changes. 


Once again, I worried today’s intervals would prove too much for me.  Especially since my eating has been less than great the last two evenings.  I know from past experience, what you put into your body the day before a run can really affect how you feel.  THANKFULLY, that did not seem to be the case today. 
Mist hanging over the field next to the trail for this morning's run.




It was really a great run this morning.  Probably the best so far.  I had a lot of tightness in my calves during the last 3 required intervals. Really need to work on my stretching.  But other than that, it was really good.  And of course Fort Ben is beautiful.  I love being out there. (even if the hills are killer!)

 
One of my favorite parts of the paved trail at Ft. Ben

After the 6 required intervals were over, we continued walking up the trail to get some hill work in.  I was also determined to get in at least 3.1 miles. We did about 10 more minutes of walking, then I felt like running again. We did another 4 run intervals with the last one being a 30 second “sprint.”  (OK, it was a sprint for me anyway!)   

 
Love being out there when the sun comes up.

Finished up 3.1 in 52:10.  So I KNOW I will be able to finish the AFM 5K in less than an hour.  Now, I’ve got 2 weeks to get stronger and a little faster. I think I’ve got a real shot at 45 minutes.



I'll also be a bit faster because I won't be stopping to take pictures. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful place! Great job on the run and walk! You should be very proud of yourself! Remarkable recovery for both you and Jim! Very proud and love you all! Aunt T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time going with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm seriously jealous of your wooded trails. I hope I can find some near me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular park is about a 30 minute drive for us. But it is the best place for us to get some hill work in.

      But we are incredibly lucky to have a 5.5 mile bike path that ends (or starts) at the end of our road.

      Delete