Thursday, September 12, 2013

So, THIS is Happening...

The Dirty Girl 5K, here in Indy.  May 17th.
 
My best friend from Chicago, the one I often share a brain with, is making me do it. She held a gun to my Facebook page and said that I HAD TO! I HAD TO or she was going to hold MY half the brain hostage! 

OK, she really just asked if I had a 5K planned for that time. But the pressure was immense!
 

I've wanted to do an obstacle run for a couple of years now, but I just kept putting it off. I'm pretty nervous about it. I want to be able to complete ALL the challenges.  I am going to have to find out what the different obstacles are and figure out ways to train for them.Won't lie, more than a bit worried about the climbing. Especially for anything over...7 foot tall. On the other hand, I DID walk across the Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, so I am pretty sure I can handle a 10 foot wall. (let's not talk about the fact that I cried when we were in the middle of the bridge. But we can talk about how the hubby and I RAN half way across on the way back. And that was pretty awesome.)






Picture from: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-10-18-hooverbypass18_ST_N.htm




Not sure whether to thank The Riding Librarian or not.  I probably should. I'm betting it will be fun.  


So yeah, if you are in the area, get some of your girlfriends together, form a team, and get muddy next May!

After finishing one of the most terrifying, self imposed challenges I have ever done.
Damn, those legs are pale!

3 comments:

  1. You forgot the team name! We're the Indiana Ya-yas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, wow, you've thought this out way more than I have. I'm all, "woot, I get to get muddy!" I hadn't even thought about, you know, focus training. Like, hey...there's gonna be obstacles! You might want to be able to complete them! Guess I oughta focus on the focus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I look at that bridge and break out in a cold sweat. I DO NOT DO BRIDGES!!! I can jump out of airplanes - but bridges, no way!

    ReplyDelete