Saturday, July 20, 2013

May I have a pillow for my suitcase, please?

Typed up in segments throughout the day.

4:00 am: Took my last dose of perc at 10:45pm.  Slept through until 4:00am.  I guess in a way that is good?  But I think I’d have rather woke up at 2:45am to stay on top of the pain rather than waking up from the pain.  When I get home, I think I will make sure to set my alarm for every 4 hours for the first couple of days.

 My neck has been incredibly sore last evening into this early morning. I am not sure what is going on.  Maybe sleeping on it weird?  The nurse just checked to see if my lymph nodes were swollen. They seem fine and I had no fever. All vitals still look good. 

Doc came in to see how I was doing around 10:00am.  I told him that I was really nervous about the removal of the staples. He did them for me, rather than having the nurse do them.  Anticipation was so much worse.  The staples did not hurt at all. Removing the dressing DID hurt.  15 staples out.  Steri-strips now on.  Doc signed papers for me to be released from hospital. (Hubby was not at hospital yet)

Shortly after Doc left, I started feeling very bad. Lower left back and around to lower left abs really hurt. Dull pain in back, sharp, knife like pain in front.  Most pain I had been in since waking up from surgery.  Also started feeling very nauseous as well. Had a small case of the dry heaves. (thank God that was it!) Called nurse from the bathroom. He helped me back to bed and gave me a shot of Phenergan. Within 15-20 minutes I was out.  

Woke up a bit before noon.  New nurse gave me another dose of pain pills for my ride home. I felt really bad for her. I was so out of it from the Phenergan that I was having a very hard time explaining what I needed.  I was trying to ask for a take home pillow to wear between my incision and seatbelt. Poor girl. I could not think of the word for pillow. And instead of seatbelt, all I could think of was “suitcase.” :/   By some miracle we were able to figured that out.  

Felt bad for Jim. I was very cranky and snappy with him when he got to the room. Such a difference from the previous couple of days.  I want to continue feeling upbeat.  Although, the doctor did warn me this morning that around day 4 or 5 I will likely feel very weepy and maybe a bit cranky and that is normal. 

Home now and nested into bed.  Even had my first nap.  The drive home was uneventful.  Very little pain.  Kept my eyes closed most of the time as I would feel a bit motion sick watching the scenery go by.   

Still feeling really off/drugged.  Not bothering to do much in the way of editing where the blog is concerned.  Maybe tomorrow will be a bit more clear?

No comments:

Post a Comment